Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The true Christmas spirit...

I want to let you all know about a cool non-profit that is doing great things: Kiva

Kiva allows individuals to make $25 loans to low-income entrepreneurs in the developing world (microfinance). By doing so, individuals like you provide affordable working capital for the poor (money to buy a sewing machine, livestock, etc.), empowering them to earn their way out of poverty.

It's a new, direct and sustainable way to fight global poverty, and the way I see it, I get a higher return on $25 helping someone build a future than the interest my checking account pays.
Anyways, please check out the site: KIVA.

Please remeber this i'm talking about loans, that of course will be repaid. The repaid rate is 93,5% of the loans. You have Star rates for the Field's Partners that goes up to 5 stars with a 99,7% repaid rate. After you've been repaid you can collect the money or loan again.

I haven't make my loan yet, but i will do it, but first I have to choose the right business.... hmm i'm thing on something to do with food, maybe a restaurant :D
My friends, that introduce me to KIVA, loaned to an old lady to buy a cow in Azerbaijan ;) cool isn't it?

No comments: