Sunday, November 18, 2007

A few weeks of delay...

I tend to say that if everything was as delayed in my life as all the things that I have to do or want to do, I'd be having a whole bunch of kids by now... which maybe would help the depressing birth statistics...

http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/noticia.php?div_id=291&id=881196

Anyway, roaming on my head for a few weeks is a session of babbling with myself without really reaching any conclusion - or at least one that I feel like accepting...

It started on a Sunday night, to the sound of "Ladies and Gentllemen, welcome to the airport of Amsterdam - Schipol..." (well, in true honesty, a couple of hours before, when the gentleman at the boarding gate said asked whether I would mind moving to business class... I do love the flights between A'dam and Lisbon, constantly overbooked :-P and what nice menus is Chef Victor Sobral coming up with!). As I walked and walked to the way out, two things were fighting in my mind:



And the other: But this is also home! I mean, it is not because it is an airport that I'm familiar with or because I can still understand the simple Dutch of airport and train station announcements, it's because it still feels like home... (will arriving to Zurich ever feel like that?)

Now, this poses another problem: will there ever be again one and only home? or is it that something will always be missing? if home is where your heart is (at least according to the posters of the pharmaceutical company - or is it phone compnay? - hanging precisely in Zurich airport) what do you do when you leave bits and pieces of it around?

I always remember Dorothy and her "There's no place like home, there's no place like home..."



But how would the fairy godmothers solve this????

And if you think that I'm too gloomy and depressive... well, I am. It's probably that time of the month again when hormones mess up my mood (it always a time of the month for hormones to mess up something, bless them, always taking the guilt!) and it's Sunday afternoon and it's cold and I should be working but I don't feel like it and I don't even feel like having chocolate... so you see how bad it is! :-P

Good thing is... it gets better soon! So time to stop wasting your patience...

And, dear photographers, when will we see more pictures of thewedding or of the honey moon trip?

No comments: